We as a responsible corporate citizen are committed to take up different developmental projects, as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) initiative towards improving the quality of lives of the underprivileged sections of the society and other stakeholders, primarily around our factories. Our CSR strategies are aligned to national priorities to meet the basic needs of the local community.
Our CSR policy defines the frame work for implementing CSR activities in compliance with Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and rules framed thereunder.
We are working towards improvement in quality of life of the marginalized segment through various initiatives like skill development initiatives in alignment with ‘Skill India Mission’, construction of toilets and training to school children under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’, empowering differently abled persons, heath related initiatives as also infrastructure and capacity building in local Anganwadis.
We have undertaken the following CSR projects in Fiscal 2018 towards fulfillment of national priority initiatives:
- Skill India Projects:
- GRSE has engaged approx. 400 apprentices for imparting skill development training, which is more than 10% of the company’s manpower strength.
- GRSE also supported ITI Tollygunge and Women ITI, Kolkata to upgrade their training facilities. Various activities like conducting industrial visits, awards to meritorious students, pre-placement and career guidance training, advanced training of trainers and sponsorship for participation in work-skills competition were conducted for the supported ITIs.
- GRSE has partnered with Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy, since 2010-11 to provide comprehensive educational and rehabilitation services for children with cerebral palsy. A total of 43 children with severe multiple impairments are being annually supported by this project for the last eight (8) years.
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- GRSE has introduced multiple interventions under the broader ambit of Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan in different schools. GRSE has constructed a total of 65 toilets during the year in 10 local Govt. schools located in Metiabruz and Maheshtala areas.
- Maintenance of toilets is a new initiative of GRSE which has been highly appreciated by the students and school authorities. Sulabh international Social Service Organisation has been engaged to implement the project in 08 schools where GRSE has constructed toilets in last few years.
- Incinerators were installed to improve menstrual health of the adolescent girl students and overall hygiene of 04 local girls’ schools.
- Infrastructure development such as installation of water purifiers, child-friendly toilets, utensils, medicines etc. was facilitated in 04 new Anganwadi Centres. Capacity building training was provided to their workers and helpers.
- Intensive training was given for one year to 5000 school children on Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) practices to inculcate long term behavioural change and equip these children to be the change agents in the society.
- GRSE has contributed ₹6 million towards Swachh Bharat Kosh and ₹0.4 million towards Clean Ganga Fund in compliance with MoD directives.
- GRSE also provided 76 numbers of green and blue coloured garbage bins to these schools to facilitate segregation of waste. This project has positive ramification for the overall sanitation conditions of the schools.
- The completed projects / activities of FY 2016-17 were evaluated by National CSR Hub- TISS, in order to measure the degree of success or failure of the projects.
- Other Projects
- GSRE partnered with Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) for the provisioning and distribution of the aids/ assistive devices for differently abled persons at Ranchi, Jharkhand. The project was aimed at providing a wide range of aids and assistive devices which include wheelchairs, tricycles, axilla crutches for people with motor disabilities, hearing aids and MSIED kits and smart canes and braille kits for visually challenged people. A total of 249 differently abled persons from marginalized section of society were provided aids / appliances to improve their quality of life.
- Monthly health check-up camps / clinics are held in our 61 Park Unit on the last Saturday of every month in which on average, 250-300 patients are examined and provided medicines.
- Blood donation camp was conducted in which employees donated blood for patients suffering from Thalassaemia, Haemophilia or the victims of road accident.
In Fiscal 2018, we incurred an expense of ₹26.68 million for the aforesaid initiatives.
|GRSE celebrated Family Day “AHOBAN” on 02 Feb 20|
|GRSE, as a part of upcoming Family Day, ‘AHOBAN’, organized an extempore competition on 18 Jan 2020 for its employees.|
|Rear Admiral VK Saxena, IN (Retd), GRSE inaugurates Annual Medical Check-Up on 17 Jan 20|
|GRSE celebrated Family Day “AHOBAN” on 11 Jan 20|
|GRSE Observes “Swachhta Pakhwada” and creates Cleanliness Awareness from 01-15 Dec 19|
|GRSE CSR initiative in association with Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math on 03 Dec 19|
|Swachhta Sarthi Bike Rally & Swachhta Hi Seva campaign at GRSE on 02 Oct 19|
|MoU with Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math on 27 Aug 19|
|GRSE's CSR Initiative with IICP-Handing Over of Ceremonial Cheque on 07 Aug 19|
|GRSE observes "World Environment Day"|